Wednesday 5 June 2013

The Wretched of the Earth

oh my god I have two of these



oh my god I have two of these

peaceshannon: If you are interested in becoming a monthly donor to KUMFA, please let me know and I...

peaceshannon:

If you are interested in becoming a monthly donor to KUMFA, please let me know and I will send you the donation form (or you can find it on the KUMFA facebook page). Monthly donations can start from as little as 5,000 won (about 4.50 USD) per month. For the price of a coffee, you can support unwed mothers who are trying to raise their children in Korea, fighting the social pressures that force most single moms to give their children up to adoption.  If you do not have a Korean bank account but have Paypal, in the Bank info section, please provide the email account associated with your Paypal account. Thanks as always for your support!

Breaking news on emergency contraception

plannedparenthood:

"Generic versions of emergency contraception can be sold without a prescription or age restrictions while the federal government appeals a judge's ruling allowing the sales, an appeals court said Wednesday." 

via the Washington Post

zeroambit: anarcho-queer: rohwyn: anarcho-queer: ridethe-spir...



zeroambit:

anarcho-queer:

rohwyn:

anarcho-queer:

ridethe-spiral:

alittlelateforalot:

ihaveabsolutelynoidea:

godofman:

Because homeless people can't afford property tax or house payments. I'm sorry but I really would rather a house be empty than just given away. It does need to be paid for by someone.

Are you fucking serious
I wanna see you be homeless and then tell me that empty houses should stay empty

BOOOOOOOOO, fuck that guy. When you were putting your head up your ass to type that did it occur to you that empty houses don't generate any fucking revenue either? Property taxes and home payments ain't getting made if the house is empty. fuck you so hard dude

Do we not take in to account that many of these homes are potential income makers for the owners? I'm sure these statistics are based off of homes for rent also, that if given to a homeless person to use, lose the potential income gained from either renting it or leaving it vacant. Because a homeless person cannot afford that bills or property taxes to begin with, the owner is losing income. Giving these homes away would result in an overall decrease of income for more people than it benefits, in plain terms. I'm not looking at this from any other viewpoint than economical though. I'm not saying that homeless people don't deserve homes, just that they don't deserve homes paid for by other people.

In other words: Wealth > Homelessness

Who gives a fuck about the owners? They're the one's contributing the most to homelessness by hoarding property for the purpose of profit. We could literally abolish homelessness if it wasn't for them and the capitalist system that values private property over human lives.

Yes, because capitalism is the root cause of all evil in this world. *rolls eyes* There's absolutely no irony in a person using an electronic device to criticize private property rights on a social networking site. None at all.

I find it even more ironic that a supporter or private property cannot recognize the difference between personal and private property.

where exactly is the "irony" supposed to be in people having computers and opposing capitalism? except of course where some poor fool thinks capitalism = modernity

sourcedumal: daniellemertina: black guys who say "i grew up in a house full of black women"...

sourcedumal:

daniellemertina:

black guys who say "i grew up in a house full of black women" (usually with a tired groan) make me gag. it just sounds so disrespectful. like they're asking for sympathy or negating the individuality of the black women they were around. i also hardly ever hear it said in reverse like "*sigh* i grew up in a house full of black men"

It's usually the starting prose of "And that's why I hate Black women"

"I grew up in a house full of Black women who were forcefed respectability politics and I see all these other Black women out here not worshipping my Black dick so clearly something must be wrong with THEM!"

summermon: something I whipped up as I waited for my plane in...













summermon:

something I whipped up as I waited for my plane in florida. 

I didn't cover everything, but I think I got the point across. 

Remember, if it's not your body, it's none of your business! 

"HAHA PEOPLE OF COLOUR EXIST AS SEXUAL OBJECTS FOR ME TO USE TO PROVE I'M NOT RACIST HAHA" oh my god what the fuck.

I KNOW

so grosssssss

cracked can be good and then they can also be that horrible level of bad yet stating "hey look how progressive I am"

Tired Of "Both Sides" In Regards To Opinions On The Obamas

gradientlair:

I am unclear as to why I have to applaud racism against the Obamas in order to "prove" my progressiveness as a womanist or Independent (I am not a Democrat or a Republican). This would seem antithetical.

I am supposed to ignore the disrespect the Obamas uniquely face (in comparison to former Presidencies; there are differences and only White privilege and/or being ahistorical would make someone deem there isn't) and by doing so, that's "extra" proof that I do not support imperialism or xenophobia in any way, including drone warfare abroad or the "war on drugs" here; the excuses used to kill and destroy abroad for Western domination of resources or the oppression used to harm or destroy the lives of Black people and other people of colour here? Really? 

If I don't applaud White feminists in regards to the heckling and Whitesplaining of how Michelle Obama "should have" responded to the heckling (which does remind me of mansplaining of street harassment), in addition to the racist "angry Black woman" media narratives that have circled in response to this, then I magically become an Obamabot who signs off on his policies and their perspectives, many of which I have critiqued and asked for more solid critique versus the very shallow and often racist critique? Really?

The day President Obama was first inaugurated, January 20, 2009, I received 4 job rejection emails. They were NASTY. They were from White employers. They acted like I owed them money! (I considered including them in the post, but I won't.) Despite all of the racism that I've faced in the labor market, I've never seen anything so disgusting as that day. From that moment on (and even during the first campaign) I knew that 1) The Obamas' presence in the White House was not only going to affect them, personally, but Black people in general 2) No matter what they did and how much I agreed (getting quite rare) or disagreed (more common), I was not going to be content with them being treated with utter disrespect in the public eye; the way that Black people are treated daily. 

The same bootstrap theory that the Obamas preached at those HBCUs (which made me livid) is what is being used against Michelle Obama. White feminists are questioning her "abilities" despite 2 Ivy League degrees, decades of professional experience and speaking experience. Bootstrap theory is bullshit. The Obamas giving "tough love" to Black people, but silence on racism is also bullshit. 

However, I am STILL NOT going to support racism against the Obamas and the very specific misogynoir against Michelle Obama. I do not care what anyone thinks or feels about this. At the same time, I am still going to voice my criticisms on his as well as the other 2 branches of government.

As far as the White woman from the LGBTQ community heckling her, this reminds me of what I discussed in I Don't Want To Have To Deal With Racism In Order To Support LGBTQ White People. I don't. I support any and all marginalized people as a womanist. However, I don't want to have to be called an "angry Black woman" and other stereotypes that tie into the dehumanization of Black women through controlling images, and be silent about it, or perform a response in accordance with racism or intraracial respectability politics based on racism, in order to show support. I absolutely love protest; I truly do. I don't love the racial narrative around this particular heckling. Her demands were towards President Obama; yelling at Michelle Obama at a private home and describing her using racist coded language is unacceptable to me. I can promise that when the next elected (most likely White) President is in office, the narrative around heckling = social justice and real change, will alter.

I am tired. Black women are expected to accept racism from Whites, sexism from men and be content with a rung at the bottom of society. Further, when the White LGBTQ community engages in racist ways, they are also eschewing the experiences of Black and other people of colour in the LGBTQ community. I am tired of White women expecting Black women to endure racism for "the greater good" of "all women" and the fight against sexism or homophobia, as if sexism and homophobia don't also impact the lives of Black women and other women of colour. 

I look forward to 2016—not because anything is going to change right away in this imperialist White supremacist capitalist hetero-patriarchal country—but because I am sick of two things 1) Being expected to ignore and defend the racism against the Obamas as "proof" of how "progressive" and anti-Obama policy I am 2) Not being able to critique President Obama's policies without being deemed anti-Black or any other ignorant label. 

"It is illegal for women to go topless in most cities, yet you can buy a magazine of a woman without..."

""It is illegal for women to go topless in most cities, yet you can buy a magazine of a woman without her top on at any 7-11 store. So, you can sell breasts, but you cannot wear breasts, in America.""

- Violet Rose (via c-icatrix)

iridessence: deatheatingbloodmagic: Fapping has to be the worst name for masturbation. It sounds...

iridessence:

deatheatingbloodmagic:

Fapping has to be the worst name for masturbation. It sounds gross.

idk flicking the bean is pretty high up there on the shit list

mochafleur: I'm very serious about ghost insurance, I swear I will start that as something real....

mochafleur:

I'm very serious about ghost insurance, I swear I will start that as something real. Someone patent it before I do.

LOL oh my god my boyfriend was talking about this

hippity-hoppity-brigade: timetravelandrocketpoweredapes: Princ...









hippity-hoppity-brigade:

timetravelandrocketpoweredapes:

Princess Avengers by Christopher Stoll

Artist deviantart / via bluedogeyes

The first one literally took my breath away. CAPTAIN. AMERICA.

thorsies: IMPORTANT FACTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JUST BECAUSE UR FRIEND'S PARENTS SEEM NICE WHEN YOU MEET...

thorsies:

IMPORTANT FACTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JUST BECAUSE UR FRIEND'S PARENTS SEEM NICE WHEN YOU MEET THEM DOES NOT MEAN THEY ARE NICE PEOPLE B/C YOU DO NOT SEE WHAT HAPPENS BEHIND CLOSED DOORS!!!!!!!!! 

SO IF FRIEND TELLS YOU THAT PARENTS ARE BEING CRUEL TO THEM AND HURTING THEM, DO NOT SAY "But they seem so nice! I doubt they mean it!" BECAUSE THAT IS AWFUL TO SAY TO THEM AND MAKES THEM NOT WANT TO TALK TO YOU EVER AGAIN

makokitten: I have two eyeliner settings: "none" and "wanton mistress of the night."

makokitten:

I have two eyeliner settings: "none" and "wanton mistress of the night."

Period: You want cookies

Period: You want cookies
Period: You want to fuck
Period: You want to fuck while eating cookies.
Period: Let's be sad about trivial things, shall we?
Period: Kill them.
Period: Kill them too.
Period: Kill them and eat their cookies.
Period: Shhhh it's okay you'll feel better soon.
Period: HAHAHAHAHA NO YOU WON'T FUCK YOU.

assdownloader: cracked: If the world is ending, do yourself...



assdownloader:

cracked:

If the world is ending, do yourself and mankind a solid by taking a trip to the U.N. of Booty.

5 Things That Should Be on Every Apocalypse To-Do List


#5. Taste the Sexual Rainbow

If the world were going out, and we're talking like a meteor strike, or aliens have us targeted to be turned into a space mall or whatever, it'd be nice to go out on a high note. A note of peace and brotherhood (and sisterhood, for you ladies out there who don't like man-things). What better way to achieve a sense of community and overall world peace than by humping away intolerance?

my god. my god. my god. my god. my god. my god. see you in hell.

HUMPING AWAY INTOLERANCE?!

"Sadly, despite our advanced society, the world is still riddled with people best described as shitbirds." Like the author of the article?

"I've long believed, and I think maybe Stephen Hawking once proved this with very advanced mathology, that you could eliminate racism if you just had more sex with more people. Yeah, you should be responsible and not run around like a gun loaded with the herpes virus blasting at other people's goody slots all willy-nilly, but forgetting that for a moment, just get a little freaky with people from various backgrounds and you'll see, at the end of the day, that we're all the same when we're soaping each other's crevasses in the shower."

This is like some bizarre colorblindness/tolerance solves racism/mixed kids end racism/fetishizing people of color is a gift type of racist shit

ai-yo: fuckyeahcracker: billyholland: trashfemme: snakeoil: ...



ai-yo:

fuckyeahcracker:

billyholland:

trashfemme:

snakeoil:

fuckyeahcracker:

Iggy Azalea on Asian women.

this bitch

racist bitch

love this bitch

gonna need you to keep your disgusting racist love off of my post then.

she's always been a racist bitch she's doing what she's always done. She just needs to fuck off forever

countingmyfeathers: nubianandroid replied to your photo: Date night ;3  all ur selfies look the...

countingmyfeathers:

nubianandroid replied to your photo: Date night ;3 

all ur selfies look the same

You can fuck yourself. Be lucky I even take them for you stupid people. 

lol when people say people’s selfies all look the same

like what are you supposed to buy a new face for every one

i'm going to shamelessly post my amazon wish list since my birthday is in 4 days

i just merged all of my wish lists so i could send it to my friends/fam and i figured that maybe some of my 4300 favorite people might want to get me something because they like me

or maybe even if you hate me but follow me for the quotes I post (I know you’re out there). you can always buy me a book and then i can extract the best quotes and post them.

altonym: ilovecharts: 22 Maps That Show How Americans Speak...



altonym:

ilovecharts:

22 Maps That Show How Americans Speak English Totally Differently From Each Other

via moosespringsteen

this was fun omg

I perhaps unsurprisingly have the most in common w/ the northeast, esp. new england

my pronunciation of words is extremely inconsistent lol

No comments:

Post a Comment